Sunday, November 18, 2007

Assorted Ramblings...

We're taking the littles downtown today for the parade. I never went as a child, but we always watched it on tv. Hubs and I went together every year when we were dating. We'd gather a group of friends, a pile of blankets, a thermos of hot chocolate and stake out a spot at Queen's Park Circle. Between working weekends - gainful employment is SUCH a drag - pregnancies and too tiny babies we've missed the past five years. We showed the Princess the photos of last year's parade on the website, and she just about peed her pants she was so excited. I can't wait.

And Veronica - I love your comments on all my posts but thank you especially for commenting about the snow. You reminded me of the year I was 19 and I spent a year living in London. I went to Edinburgh for Hogmanay (New Year's) with two friends, and when we woke up, painfully hungover, on New Year's Day there was snow! I was thrilled, because it reminded me of home and it doesn't take long for British weather to do you in, but my friend Vanessa was over the moon - she's from Perth and at 27 she'd NEVER seen snow. We couldn't drag Rachel out of bed but we raced outside and threw snowballs and made angels and basically acted like 8 year olds. Or idiots. When we'd had enough we gathered up great armfuls of snow, raced upstairs to our room in the B&B and banged on the door until Rachel opened it. Then we snowed her. We spent the rest of the day lounging in bed watching cheesy movies on telly. I seem to remember something about people going on holiday in a double decker bus.....does anyone know if that was real or just a result of too many pints? Anyway, I hadn't thought about Vanessa or that day in a long time, and I'm glad you reminded me. I hope you'll get to see Amy playing in the snow next winter too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post which reminded me of some wonderful things about winter, that I often forget about when my ears are tingling from the cold.

Veronica Foale said...

I remeber being a kid and being so excited about snow. We only get a few inches every 3 or 4 years here. Most of the snow never settles.

If all else fails I will take Amy up the mountain next winter. I really want to see her enjoy snow!

Heidi said...

A Santa Claus parade definately is pee your pants kind of fun.
I love your attempt at taking your own Christmas card photos, I will be attempting this soon. Your kids are sooo cute!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I bet the kids can't wait to go to the parade, I wish we had one here. Sounds like a blast!

Jennifer said...

I love snow when there is nowhere to be but playing in it or snuggled in at home.