Badness has been climbing stairs and cruising around the furniture for months now, but last night he let go and took more than the tentative two or three steps he'd been doing.....he walked halfway across the living-room into my arms! Mommies lock up your daughters....there is nowhere left to hide!
And talks!
This morning he said his first word! Banana! Well, 'nana! 'nana! As I was holding one at the time and he was gesturing wildly for me to 'just give me the banana already woman!' I have chosen to view it as a real word and not a coincidence. The Princess maintains that he said "chair" a few weeks ago, but I have invoked my power as mommy and keeper of the baby books and declared that unless I see and hear it, it doesn't count.
I apologize for the excess of exclamation points in this post, but I am Just! So! Proud! and scared....but we'll save that for another post.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That's awesome - it's amazing how some weeks are pretty calm and the next you run out of paper in the baby book trying to keep up with them.
Wonderful news! Two major milestones within 24 hours. Congratulations to Badness.
Heidi
So cute! And you have every right to be proud!!
ha ha! Walking and talking are not necessary for charming the ladies, as all babies know, but they do make dates a little easier.
Wow - Look out now!!!!!!!!!!! What fun times for you! And, this is certainly the ocassion for !!!!!!! See ya. Kellan
Walking and talking... that is so cute!! Yay for Badness!!!!!!!!!
Aww - that's awesome. Not until I became a mom did I truly understand how excited I could get over someone else's accomplishments - it's just the best.
Woo hoo! And Nana Nana is the start of much, much more noise! Yippeee!!!
Woohoo!!!! How very exciting!!! Such amazing feats deserve a ton of exclamation points!!!
How exciting!!! Walking and talking are well worth many many exclamation points!!!!!!!
Post a Comment