Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blame it on Boynton

Bad Babies - Sandra Boynton from Rhinoceros Tap
*
Well I'm five years old so you can take it from me,
these babies are never what you want them to be.
They whine and they bite, they chew on your toys,
and oh! do they make the most terrible noise!
*
I tell you: Bad Babies, they yell and they cry.
Bad, Bad Babies - you never know why.
They never ever do the things that they should.
Oh, Bad Babies, why can't you be good?
*
Wherever they go, it's always a mess.
They only yell NO. They never say YES.
I can't even hear what I'm trying to say
with all those babies being bad all day.
*
I'm saying: Bad Babies, they yell and they cry.
Bad, Bad Babies - you never know why.
They never ever do the things that they should.
OH, Bad Babies, why can't you be good?
*
(Aw, now look what you did....)
*
The Princess was given this book when Badness was born and it quickly became a familiar (and favourite!) refrain around our house. Coincidence? Or self-fulfilling prophecy.....

5 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

This is great! When our children were little, we loved Sandra Boynton's books and we still buy them as gifts for other babies. "The Going to Bed Book" was one of our favorites and I can still remember most of it.

Family Adventure said...

That's great. My first introduction to Sandra Boynton. How appropriate :)

Heidi

Karen MEG said...

We love Sandra Boynton around here too. I especially love the hippos.

Moo ba lah lah lah.... hee hee

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of Sandra Boynton, but now am going to check her out. That is super cute.

painted maypole said...

we love these books/CDs! ;)