Saturday, November 10, 2007

2:51 AM

I'm lying in bed, nursing Badness. It is late. I can hear the Princess singing in her bed - I don't know if she's awake or singing in her sleep. I want to go to the bathroom. I really want to go to the bathroom, I have my period for the first time since Badness was born and I feel like I am bleeding out. Badness will not relinquish 'his' breast and let me go. I see a faint glow of light from the hallway. I hear the distant murmur of the television set. I glance at the clock. 2:51. Hubs is still watching tv at 2%$#*!!!:51 AM.

Which means he won't be getting out of bed with the children, or even at anytime remotely approximating morning. I seethe with rage. I pop Badness off my nipple, plunk him in his crib to scream and march down the stairs to do a little screaming of my own. I give Hubs the 'Death Stare', and proceed to march around the room banging off the tv and all of the lights. "What the hell are you doing!! Do you know that you woke the Princess up?! Me up?! We have 5 people and a dog coming this afternoon for dinner and the night!! I have to wash all the sheets, make up beds, clean the kitchen, 3 bathrooms, vacuum the house and wash the floors. And if you think you're staying in bed while I do it then you've got another think coming Mister!!! I may not have said 'mister'.

I march back upstairs and go to the bathroom first. It won't kill Badness to cry a little, and sometimes there are things a girl has to do, and who knows when I'll get another chance tonight. Man, I'd give anything since having children to just change a tampon in peace.

Hubs came upstairs and lifted the boy out of Bed, but he didn't walk him, or cradle him. He went to bed and sat Badness on my pillow to await me. As soon as I got in bed, the boy stopped crying. But he wasn't asleep. And neither was the princess. It was 4:20 before I got them both asleep again. And where was Hubs during this heartfelt parenting interlude? Snoring happily all alone in the Queen-sized bed. (No King yet, but keep those fingers crossed.)

And snoring happily is where he is now. The kids are up and waiting for breakfast...but I'm not doing anything else until the coffee is brewed.

7 comments:

Karen MEG said...

"Man, I'd give anything since having children to just change a tampon in peace."
Classic line... OMG, laughing here. I still have days like that. I suppose I will until I hit menopause. How depressing. Hope you did stay in bed until coffee was brewed.
Isn't that the worst, I mean, still nursing AND getting your period back? I nursed little G until she was 19 months but AF came back when she was about 8 months.

chichimama said...

Hang in there. The middle of the night stuff is the worst, and always brings out the worst in me...

Family Adventure said...

Ooohh....I'm kinda mad on your behalf. I hope he made it up to you a bit later in the day...yes?

heidi

Badness Jones said...

Um, I wish I could say that he did make it up to me later in the day, but he did not....he IS raking up leaves now though....but I'm not actually bothered by leaves....oh well, at least he's not napping! :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is AWE and GRRRR. I hope you got to drink that coffee.

Victoria said...

Sh*t. That Hubs needs a butt-whupping. =(

I'm sorry. Hopefully you've had a good night since?

Anonymous said...

I think I'd have to kill him.