My kids usually go to bed pretty early, like 7:30, but we've got friends staying in town at the Nottawasaga for a conference so we went over to visit after dinner last night. The Princess and her friend went swimming with the daddies and the moms had a nice chat while chasing Badness around the place. We had a great visit, and the Princess loved the pool, but it was after 9:30 when we left. Needless to say the girl was looking a bit puffy-eyed this morning.
I managed to get her to school without any tantrums, but it took some very gentle and indulgent parenting. There's piles of new snow, so I pulled her to school on her sled to avoid the whining and tears that she's prone to when tired. She got off the sled, kissed me, walked through the gate, said "hi" to her teacher and put her backpack against the wall.
"Can you put your bag by our door Regan? Or are you going to be in Miss Clark's class today?"
"WAAAAHHHHH!" she cried and sat down. "Mommy I need you to come in. I can't walk that far! I need you to help me!"
Literally, she needed to go 10 more feet to get to her classroom door, but I went in, moved her backpack and hugged her again until she calmed down. As I passed Miss Thompson I muttered under my breath "Am I ever glad she's with you and not me today. She was up REALLY late."
The teacher looked up and laughed, "That's evil!"
Yes, Miss Thompson, I am. And while I feel bad saying it, today, it sucks to be you.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Kudos to Miss Thompson. Imagine the nerve it takes to face 20 littles every morning never knowing which one went to bed hours late the night before.
And good for you! Now you can nap with Badness and be prepared for the Princess' return home after school.
I love it! Enjoy your day utill Princess has to come back home.
LOL! I'm sure she's not the first cranky kid Ms. Thomson's ever had to deal with. Besides, kids tend to act better when their mommies are not around. She may even be an angel at school, and save up all the fussiness until after school!
Good luck! :)
Heidi
Oooooh, do I know about cranky Divas! She was probably a little angel once you left, though.
Nottawasaga is a great place, I remember going there a few years back BK (ie. before kids) for a work function. And how kid friendly it seemed. From the fun the Princess had, it still is!
...insert evil laugh and mr. burns typefinger motion here....
This is too cute. I had a similar reaction to the Princess last night around 8:30, after a difficult working day... feeling generally sort of fragile and tired and frustrated. My P asked me what I'd like to eat for dinner and mentioned that we needed to pick up a baguette and maybe some ratatouille or something from the traiteur...
I was like, Please, let's just eat these leftover green beans and a chocolate bar and never mention going out for anything again. Don't even speak of it!
I can be so whiny when I'm tired. And I don't want to do ANYTHING.
So evil. Yay for teachers.
Poor Miss Thompson! At least you were honest about it though.
Regan? That's one of my favorite names.
You know, nine new posts since I've been here last is insane. Nine, truly? Just kidding. :)
Post a Comment