Badness and I spent the night here at my mom's, and Hubs picked the princess up and took her out on a special date. He was going to take her for pizza, but she insisted that she wanted to go to "the place I went with mommy and Grama and Grampa pampa."
"I don't know where that is...."
"Don't worry Daddy. Just follow me."
She led him to the Muddy Waters, the local tavern. I did indeed take her there this summer, they have a family dining room that is open on the weekend. But not on Wednesday evenings, so Hubs and Princess sat down at the bar with four old guys drinking beer. Apparently, she thought it was great - there were christmas lights hanging over the bar, and FOUR tvs.
So they had their dinner, and then the Princess wanted dessert - the Muddy doesn't do dessert. As Hubs related the tale later I could see the resulting meltdown in my mind. But, showing superior presence of mind, Hubs expertly averted disaster by promising a treat at the corner store on the way home instead.
The Princess walked up and down all the aisles of the store examining all her choices before finally selecting......a candy cane. Which she refused to eat.
"I have to hang it on the tree Daddy. I'll eat if AFTER Christmas."
God, I miss her.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. That is much too adorable. I am picturing them having dinner with four old guys having beer. Too funny! And the candy cane. Your husband is a good sport, playing along, too. :)
Heidi
That is so sweet! Ian loves taking the kids to pubs, you see the most interesting people there, and the kids' comments are usually priceless.
That is absolutely adorable about the candy cane too. Can't believe that's just around the corner.
I love the mental image of her sitting at the pub with four old men too!
I will be so impressed if she waits until after Christmas...
She sounds so grown up!
Post a Comment