Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Supreme Ruler of the Universe

First, to everyone who commented yesterday - thanks. You make a girl feel so good, if the world finds out about y'all, it's gonna put the Prozac guys out of business!

Now, the lovely and talented Jen at No Place Like It has tagged me for the 7 things meme. Not sure I'm all that interesting, but here goes:

1. I had my nose pierced back when that still had the power to shock. The night I met Hubs for the first time he told me I looked "like a freak". He still asked around to get my number... Once suburban kids everywhere started piercing all of their various facial protuberances I stopped wearing mine. The hole has long since filled in.

2. I have to eat burgers and sandwiches around in a circle, so that the yummiest centre bit is saved for last. I will lay the smack down on anyone who tries to steal a bite of my middles....I mean it, Hubs, I'm not taking any more of that crap from you!

3. Except for my kids. I will give them my middles and eat their crusts.

4. I am crazy scared of mice. Even the princess thinks it's ridiculous. We had a mouse last winter and while we were trying to catch it Hubs had to go away for a week....he asked me what I would do if I saw it or caught it while he was gone and to his horror I told him that I'd pack the kids in the car and take them to the Marriott for a week. I would've too.

5. I can roll my eyes back in my head so that you can only see the whites, and then make them quiver. Boys of all ages love this trick. I can also bend the top joint by itself in all of my fingers. Try it, not everyone can do this.

6. I abhor carpets in any colour other than neutral shades from cream to taupe. My first act upon being made Supreme Ruler of the Universe would be to outlaw the manufacture of all coloured carpeting, and appoint task forces to knock on doors and rip out all existing coloured carpet. I would commission huge incinerators to be built to burn it all. Pink would be burnt first. I would do this before addressing hunger or world peace. (You can go wild with area rugs people, my vendetta is just against the wall-to-wall.)

7. I always break the chain when sent chain letters and e-mails etc. So why should a meme be any different? I think I'm supposed to tag 7 people, so I will, but I don't want to know seven things about you. Let's call this the mini-meme - I just want to know what YOU'D do first upon becoming Supreme Ruler of the Universe. So:

Phoenix
Karen
Heidi
Veronica
Margaret
Chantelle
Type(little)a

and anyone else reading this, if you want to play, you're it. And rules shmules. Tag someone else if you like!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Supreme ruler of the universe? I love it. I'll do it next week....I'm leaving tomorrow for the holiday and I've not gotten a thing ready.

Happy Thanksgiving!

shay said...

Love your blog!
I would make cellulite sexy...if I was supreme ruler that is.
We all have it (well except for the freaks that is) and yet...it's not cool. That is. NOT. FAIR!

(I break chains too) (and hate coloured carpets. I also hate wall colours. Maybe I'm boring?????)

Kellan said...

You are very interesting! I especially liked 3 & 4 - funny. You need to go read my post from last week called "Green Acres Is The Place For Me ... Maybe Not" - about mice. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

Heidi said...

My grandma had a pink and green deep shag wall to wall, I loved it. From your previous post,you look very cute as a bag lady,not a day over 21!

painted maypole said...

somehow everyone manages to make the 7 things meme interesting. you did, too.

and carpet? really? I'm not a fan of any carpet, myself, I'm a hardwood girl, but I don't worry about it too much. It is a really unhealthy choice to have in your home, regardless of the color.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

OOOhhhhh you tagged moi.

I'm on it.

Karen MEG said...

I just did a round-robin tag. I was tagged a little while ago.
Gotcha and didn't even realize it!
I love that you eat the middles... too cute!

Badness Jones said...

Painted Maypole - I'm a hardwood girl too, but I realize that some people are just gonna want their wall-to-wall. I'm a benevolant dictator at heart, so I'm willing to give them something....just not colours!

Family Adventure said...

Supreme Ruler of the Universe...love the sound of that. I'll have to do this one :)

Thanks - good meme. Oh and number 4...with you girl! I would have left as soon as hubs said he was going... No way I could stay in a house with a mouse by myself.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Awe #3 is really sweet. # 5 is creepy.

I know this is in another post but I am so with you on banning carpet in bathrooms. Who ever thought that might be a good idea.

That will be my unspoken #8 when I do my supreme ruler list.

And your pregnancy comment was too funny. I guess I would rather just not be congratulated than actually have the doctor ask me if this is good news. Sheesh.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

OH MAN!!

I just did this meme in a super lame way!

Supreme Ruler of the Universe? Awesome. I;ll have to do this one soon

Veronica Foale said...

You tagged me! I will get around to it very very soon K?

JChevais said...

I totally want to be supreme ruler of the universe. I have a hard time even picking out garbage bags in my house without SOMEONE making a comment.