Well, they were definitely the hit of the neighborhood. And the Princess had a fabulous time and brought home more candy than I would have thought possible. As soon as she turned away from each door she would hold up her loot bag to show her dad and yell, "I got MORE candy!!"
I suppose it was inevitable that the excitement and sugar would get to her. After all the candy had been given out, and she finally started to wind down, her daddy wanted to wash her face and hands. She refused. He cajoled. She refused again. He threatened to pick her up and carry her to the sink. She crossed her little arms in front of her chest, gave him an icy glare and said "Don't even THINK about it, Daddy."
Well, I know I shouldn't have laughed, but that's totally me talking. And that's how I got stuck putting the monsters to bed on my own. Just between us? It was worth it.
5 comments:
I so would have laughed too. Sometimes it's hard not too. Love the costumes, they are so cute.
It's really hard not to laugh when they just say the darnedest things, isn't it?
Glad you had a great night!
The Princess was starting to take her role seriously, I'd say :)
Sounds like they had the best time.
Heidi
Hi! I came over from Karen Megs to see little ones in Halloween pics and boy I found some cute ones!!!
So cute.
Post a Comment