The laundry situation has reached epic proportions here at the House of Bad. We are talking hampers full of dirty laundry in every room, baskets of clean clothes just dumped on Bad's bed and long folded piles tottering precariously on dressers and chairs throughout the house, waiting in vain to be put away. I think that the piles are breeding whenever my back is turned.
Obviously, I shouldn't be sitting here posting about the mess. I should be upstairs dealing with the situation, but Badness loves nothing more than to knock down piles of carefully folded clothes and, if I weren't so lazy, it would be a good time to re-organize everything - since there are more things out of the dressers than in them. I don't think I have enough time left this afternoon, because I need to do it while the Princess is at school. She never wants to get rid of anything. Ever. We still have her favourite sweater from when she was a year old. I used to have to hide it when it was dirty, because she would take it out of the hamper and put it back on over her jammies and insist on sleeping in it. Now she uses it for one of her guys.
I did manage to get rid of 5 big boxes of the girlie's baby clothes last week. One of the friends we had over last weekend is expecting in January, and as soon as we found out that she's having a girl Mark phoned her husband and told him to bring the van. We had everything piled in the hallway when they arrived. It makes me so happy to see this stuff leave my house. Making room in the closets so that I can go shopping.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I. Hate. Laundry. If I won the lottery, I wouldn't hire a nanny or buy a huge house, I'd travel the world with only new clothes. No laundry. Nothing dirty. I would never wash, dry, fold or iron.
Good luck with your Clean Out! Shopping for new stuff is a great reward! LOL!
I don't mind sorting and tossing clothes into the washer and then the dryer. I don't even mind folding the clean clothes. But putting them away?? ARGH! Noooooo! Hate. It.
Um, good luck. ;)
Laundry - it is the bane of my life. I don't mind chucking stuff into the washer, feeling oh so effecient when piles magically 'disappear'. It's what happens afterwards. The folding and sorting. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
I'm glad you're blogging instead of washing. More fun for the rest of us :)
Heidi
I go through periods of really resenting the laundry and hating every second of it, which is ridiculous because the actual cleaning part doesn't even involve me. I just toss it in the washer and walk away.
I not only have to do lots of laundry this weekend, I also have to iron -- blech. The third grade is having a play on Tuesday (a Greek tragedy) and I agreed to wash and iron 17 togas. I need to get my head examined.
Jen on the edge - hate to say it girlfriend, but 17 togas? You DO need to get your head examined!
I hate putting my laundry away! I can do everything else no worries, but the clean folded stuff tends to stay in piles in front of the drier. Ugh laundry!
Post a Comment