Thursday, November 29, 2007

Run Badness, Run!

Yesterday started off badly. I woke Hubs up at 8:00 to see if he could watch the kids for a bit so I could go for a run. He said, "Sorry - but I've got to get to work." You can imagine my mood when he was still in his jammies at the computer when I left at 9:30 to take Princess to dance.

After dance I fed the kids in the car and drove to Vaughan Mills to get photos taken for Christmas. But first I had to buy matching white t-shirts for them to wear. (btw - Old Navy has lots of long sleeve t-shirts for babies and little kids, reg. $9.50 ea on sale 2 for $10) I changed them and did the Princess's hair in the middle of the mall. They looked very, very, cute. Just not in the resulting photos. The Princess jumped to be in front of every shot, and Badness kept crawling off the backdrop. After the photos we went to get a snack and 3 different places were out of chocolate milk. I was a wreck by the time we got back to the car.

Both kids fell asleep on the drive home, which meant I could listen to the radio and not Raffi, but they woke up UGLY. I went up and got changed into running gear, so I could exit the house the SECOND that Hubs arrived. I sat Princess in front of the tv while I cooked them dinner (KD -good mom, right?) with Badness on my hip. Hubs called, he was running late.

By the time Hubs got home it was 6:45, cold and pitch black out. Still, the second he'd changed I plunked the boy into his arms, leashed up the dog, and went out. I ran. For the first time in almost 2 years I ran. Not as fast, or as far as I would've liked, but still.....getting out of the house was half the battle. (I'd already decided to ease back into it slowly, because there will be no lolling between the sofa with an ice-pack and a nice hot bath if I over-do it and hurt myself.)

It felt great. I felt great. And I was a much nicer mom when I did get home. And today, I went out and bought myself new lipgloss.....I'm like a new woman already! Yay Me!

15 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I am SO PROUD of you!!!! Keep up the good work girl!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Yay! I am proud too! You can do it, darlin'!
And yes kd is a perfectly wonderful dinner, I wish I had some in my cupboard:)
Maybe I should dig out my treadmill from under the laundry that is accumulating on it today. You are inspiring me!

Victoria said...

Yay you, indeed!! Stop it - you're making me want to exercise for the love of pete. I'll start with new lipgloss first.

Family Adventure said...

Yay you!! I wish I could've joined you.

Keep it up! :)

Heidi

shay said...

WOW! I'm so proud and excited for you. Now I do have to run today. I'm all suited up but my partner bailed on me and I have all the kids. It's a treadmill day which I hate but I can't let you be alone in all your hard work!
Good on ya girl.
(maybe I need some lip gloss too!)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Maybe you will motivate me. I probably would have just curled up somewhere after the hubs took over but I am lazy lazy lazy.

Unknown said...

You go girl- do that running thing-- me, I'll be THINKING about going to yoga.

Kellan said...

Run Badness, Run - I loved the title - and, good for you!

Veronica Foale said...

That is amazing! Yay you.

Now can your Hubby teach mine how to watch the child so that I can like, shower alone?

chichimama said...

Yeah! Good for you!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Yeah for running and yeah for new lip gloss!!!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

psssttttt.... I am missing what kd is.

Don Mills Diva said...

Good for you! It is amazing how a little exercise can change your whole outlook. I'm actually training myself to bite me tongue, jump on the stairmaster for half an hour and then see if I still need to yell at my husband.

Badness Jones said...

psst...margaret...kraft dinner!

Barrie said...

You ran in the cold and dark?! Go get yourself another lip gloss! You so deserve it.