Saturday, December 8, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I wanted to post about the snow this week, but as previously mentioned, our internet was down. When I saw how much trouble Sally had getting off the back deck I decided that I really didn't want to walk the Princess to school, and declared it a Snow Day. Apparently, only 20 kids showed up in the entire school...and if I'd known how ugly we'd all get stuck up in the house together, I'd probably have carried her over on my head!

I know that Hubs comes off badly a lot, (I'm sure if he wrote a blog I would sound worse!) but he's actually an amazing guy. He's never once let me help him shovel snow, for which I am eternally grateful, and it took him over an hour to dig out our cars this week. I don't even know where he keeps the snow shovel. Every morning before he leaves he cleans off my car in case I want to go out. If he's still home when I'm leaving he'll rush out to warm it up. I'm a lucky girl. Thanks Hubs! This was taken from our kitchen door Tuesday morning:

Sally and her path across our deck on Tuesday morning

And thanks again to everybody who posted yesterday. I left a big long response in the comments but I wanted to tell you that you helped. A lot. xoxo


10 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I love snow (you hate me now,, right?), and that shot is great!

What a great guy your hubster is...be sure to show him this post :)

Heidi

chichimama said...

Your hubby should give my hubby lessons on snow removal :-). I am the shoveler of the house.

He sounds fabulous! And I can't believe how much snow you have!!! We keep getting lots of flaks and very little accumulation...

Suzanne said...

Holy moley that's a lot of snow. My kids would be in heaven.

dawn224 said...

Guh. No snow here, and I am so happy about it!

Unknown said...

My California dog was SO confused when I moved him to NH, and he had to deal with snow. I don't think he ever really figured it out. And now in GA he doesn't have to worry.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

That is a lot of snow! Wow. It is flippin' cold here, but we have maybe 6 inches of snow.
Is that ghostly figure in the back your bbq? Great shot.
What a nice hubby! Mine pays the children to shovel:)Which means I have to enforce that they get out and do it, or beg and cajole the dh to do it or just do it myself!

painted maypole said...

wow. that is a lot of snow!!!

Karen MEG said...

Oh, I figured he was a sweetheart to be the father of such adorable kids and a sweet wife. I find sometimes that the blog becomes the spot to vent, and oft times that involves venting about the significant other... because really, even though you love them, marriage is work and men are men, KWIM?
That is a lot of snow... beautiful, but still an awful lot! Lucky you don't have to shovel it!

Karen MEG said...

Oops, obviously I meant "to have such a sweet wife"... LOL!

familymclean said...

I feel bad about complaining now, that is a lot of snow!