Friday, December 21, 2007

Warning!!!! Really Crappy Poetry!!!!

The Boy is Sick.

Baby boogers everywhere.
The boy just wiped some in my hair.

Mucus dripping. Slimy. Green.
More snot than I have ever seen.

Can't breathe to nurse, he bites instead -
Boogers stuffing up his head.

I dream of snot - I can't lie down
In a sea of green afraid to drown.

I wipe and wipe, the flow won't stop
I'd think of closing up the shop...

but I'm the mom - his nurse and rube.
....I think there's dried snot on my boob.

Yuck. Bad, when are you gonna have a nap so I can take a shower?!


This just in! Musings of a Housewife is giving away 4 Land's End diaper bags....just leave a comment for your chance to win!

15 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Poor little guy....feel better badness!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

That poem was FANTASTIC! Well...it made me laugh anyway. Hope he's better soon.

Mrs. G. said...

Ooh, I hope the little guy feels better. Forget the shower. Just wrap yourself in Saran Wrap and call it a day.

Hang in there, Badness.

Kellan said...

I'm so sorry your sweet boy is feeling so sick and sorry for you too - it's no fun for anyone. I liked your snotty little poem - I hope he feels better soon. Kellan

shay said...

I'm sure we'll look back at these days with fondness and laugh. Right now I'd just love a coffee, alone in a bookstore surrounded by adults AND no snot lol.

Hope he's better by Tues!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

What a great poem! You have talent. Apparently, you are inspired by snot and boogers.

Poor boy, poor you.

Family Adventure said...

Oh poor, poor baby Bad. Feel better soon. For mommy's sake.

Heidi

chichimama said...

Hope Bad feels better soon!

Steph said...

Hope he feels all better soon!

painted maypole said...

ewwwww.
;)
hope everyone is better soon

Maddy said...

Glad to see that someone else has to time the showers to coincide with the sleeping time of kiddie winkies.
BEst wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"which takes you straight to my new blog.

dawn224 said...

Ugh. I hate the "do I nurse or do I breathe" dilemma. bleah. poor little guy and poor boobies.

Anonymous said...

This poem is classic! The feeling, the emotion--you captured it all!

Veronica Foale said...

Poor little man, green shot is the worst. Last cold Amy had, she sneezed in my hair. Much grossness.

Veronica Foale said...

And apparently I can't spell. Green SNOT***

Although I wonder what you could use green shot for...