Sunday, December 9, 2007

Party in the House of Bad

We've had a fantastic couple of days here at the House of Bad. Hub's cousin has been visiting from England and I adore her - she's funny and sweet and generous to a fault. There isn't a lovelier person anywhere. I left Bad at the sitter's on Thursday while the Princess was at school and went to pick H up from Hub's mom's house. (Grandma J was horrified that I hadn't brought her babies - for a minute I didn't think she would let me in!)

I had offered to take H shopping, which is half the reason she comes over, but I was a little apprehensive as I didn't know her very well. I shouldn't have worried, we had the best afternoon. We chatted and laughed and found H some great bargains to take home.

Hubs played hooky on Friday and we took H and the kids down to Casa Loma. They put on a lot of activities for Christmas including a play, a magic show and Santa. This year they were doing a spin on A Christmas Carol so there were some ghostly apparitions throughout the castle as well. It was great.

We had a birthday brunch for Bad yesterday, and our town very conveniently scheduled the Santa Parade for 11:00. We just had some friends and their kids, Hub's mom and sister, and H. Homemade muffins, fruit, coffee, cake....a parade....what else do you need?
Photos of course!




H and Bad at Casa Loma

Seeing Santa at Casa Loma

btw - anyone looking for a good Santa, this one was great. And other than the admission charge, free. You take your own photos. Lots of things for the kiddies to look at while waiting too!


Every Birthday Party should come with a parade


What is she doing? They keep telling me to stay AWAY from fire!


Shovel it in here a little faster Dad!


Oh - and the Princess's best friend A (he's 3 1/2) gave me the best laugh. They were playing so quietly upstairs that I went up to check on them. When I peeked in they were playing dress up, and being good as gold so I turned around and went to go in the washroom.

A: Oh no! You can't go there, that's the train station!

Me: Oh, okay. I'll go downstairs.

A: Good. We're taking a train to Minnesota. (He has an auntie there)

Me: Well that sounds fun.

A: Yeah. We're going to see Neil Diamond!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! I love the birthday cake one. :D You have awesome subject matter.

Secret Agent Mama

Smiler said...

The little guy is such a hoot! So expressive. Must be fun to take pictures of him.

dawn224 said...

every day should have cake and a parade!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.
Yeah, the birthday photo is a great one.

Don Mills Diva said...

Aww - so glad you had such a great day. Love the photos!

Anonymous said...

The Only Thing I Know is...

Neil Diamond? LOL. All of the shots are great! Looks like you all had a fabulous time!

Momisodes said...

Yay for cake! I love that one :)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

What a terrific weekend! Love the photos, and you have got to laugh at a 3 year old who wants to see Neil Diamond. Cute!
Oh! are you in Canada??

Family Adventure said...

Casa Loma is great for the little ones. I'm so sad my boys deem themselves too old for it now *sniff*

Great pictures... and LOL at Neil Diamond !!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Now that gave me a laugh! And what great pictures.

MP said...

I wanna take a train to see Neil Diamond..in Minnesota! :-)

Love the birthday cake picture..

Vilma Bergstrom said...

Can I come? I love Neil Diamond!

painted maypole said...

neil diamond and santa in the same post?

yippee!