Ok, I know blog-land tradition is to do the big list for your 100th post, but I couldn't resist posting my new title yesterday. So y'all are gonna get a freebie. Go get yourselves a latte, I'll wait. I'll try to be brief, but 101 things is still going to take awhile!
1. My initials spell Bad's real name.
2. I didn't realize that until last night when I couldn't sleep.
3. I re-arrange the furniture whenever Hubs is away for the night. I find it therapeutic.
4. I'm a picky eater.
5. I wouldn't touch yogurt or tuna until I was in my twenties.
6. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 25.
7. I will read my favourite books over and over again.
8. I can still remember the phone number from the house I grew up.
9. I don't know my mother-in-law's.
10. I sing corny sitcom theme songs to my kids - think 'The Brady Bunch' and 'Gilligan's Island'.
11. Also old advertising jingles for products like Smarties, Lifesavers, and Velveeta.
12. I have 2 older brothers, an older sister, and a younger sister.
13. I once had a dog named Mergatroid.
14. My dad named her - after a mean old woman on his paper route who'd never had anything named for her before. Good storyteller, that one.
15. Before the Princess was born I wanted to name her Lucy. I told people the name, and every time my MIL said it, I wanted to punch her. Lucy isn't the Princess's name.
16. I am cranky and miserable for at least the first hour after being woken up.
17. Apparently, I've always been that way. When I was a baby, I once fell asleep on my stomach in the middle of the kitchen table (wtf?) and my family just ate around me because they were all afraid to move me.
18. I am afraid of mice. And bugs. And snakes. And bats. And skunks. I am basically just a big sissy.
19. Thanks to two uncomfortable pregnancies, I can puke in a bucket while driving a stick shift.
20. I drive too fast.
21. I'm trying to slow down.
22. I sang the lead in my grade 8 musical production of "Teen".
23. I really, really, hope that any videos of that will spontaneously combust.
24. I used to figure skate.
25. I was never very good, but I did compete in a few competitions and wear those skimpy little dresses.
26. Right now I'm wondering how many of you are looking at the numbers, and would you notice if I skipped ahead to the 40's?
27. I like vegetables more than fruit.
28. I can still do a headstand underwater.
29. I tried to show the Princess how to do a headstand a couple of months ago in the living-room and I had a sore neck for a week.
30. I used cloth diapers for the Princess.
31. I switched to disposables after less than a month with Bad.
32. I have changed three poopy diapers already today and it is only 6:54am
33. I hate poop.
34. I wish my children would learn to sleep in.
35. I made homemade baby food for both kids. I thought it was easy.
36. I didn't think it was healthier, it's just that the smell of the stuff in jars makes me sick.
37. I can type and nurse at the same time.
38. I'm doing it now.
39. My favourite meal to eat in a restaurant is breakfast.
40. My favourite city is London, England.
41. I don't have a favourite colour.
42. I don't like to drive with my husband in the car.
43. When we were dating he once phoned me past midnight to come to the pub and drive him and his truck home. He kept telling me not to hit pedestrians.
44. He still hasn't paid me the $17 cab fare I had to spend to get to the pub.
45. Hubs and I met at a pub. He played on my best friend's ex-boyfriend's rugby team.
46. Best friend is now married to that same ex-boyfriend, so it's all worked out in the end.
47. I hate rugby. After 10 years of watching games I still couldn't tell you the rules.
48. My mom taught me to read before Kindergarten.
49. I feel guilty that I haven't taught the Princess to read.
50. I'm not a very good teacher. I'm too impatient.
51. I have green eyes.
52. I'm in desperate need of a pedicure.
53. I have pale and sensitive Irish skin.
54. So do the Princess and Bad. I wish they had Hub's tougher hide.
55. I don't think I want to nurse Bad much longer.
56. I feel really guilty when I think about weaning him.
57. I grew up in the country, and couldn't wait to leave.
58. I now live in the country, and I miss the city.
59. But I like our house.
60. When the Princess was a baby I didn't let her watch any tv. I was adamant.
61. The kids now watch tv everyday.
62. I am so sick of snow.
63. I want to wear sandals, not boots.
64. I've never been able to snap my fingers.
65. But I can whistle.
66. I like wrapping presents.
67. Christmas is my favourite holiday.
68. I had an almost perfect childhood.
69. I worry that I'm not doing as good of a job as a parent as my mom did.
70. I forgot to turn on the stove. It's going to take an awfully long time for the kettle to boil for tea that way! I'll be right back.
71. I like to cook, but I hate cleaning up.
72. My favourite meal is still spaghetti.
73. With garlic bread.
74. And cheese.
75. I grew up eating Kraft parmesan cheese in the green shaker, but I only buy fresh parmesan now, and grate it myself.
76. I'm a snob sometimes. And a picky eater.
77. I don't like Cheese Whiz, but when I lived in England and they didn't have it I craved it.
78. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in England.
79. Sometimes I'm really glad I came home.
80. I like my whole family.
81. I don't understand Sudoku.
82. I've been going to bed really early since Bad was born, and have no idea what's going on on tv.
83. I have to pee a lot.
84. I always think my kids are better and cuter than the other kids at the playground.
85. Sometimes I get really bored taking my kids to the playground.
86. Sometimes I get really bored just being with my kids.
87. But sometimes I think they're more fun than anything on earth.
88. Is anyone still reading this list?
89. I have a tendency to repeat myself.
90. I have a tendency to repeat myself.
91. The Princess has switched her loyalty from Dora to the vapid Disney Princesses. I'm going to miss Dora.
92. I'm hungry.
93. But I'm not going to eat breakfast until I've finished this post.
94. That's how dedicated I am to all of you.
95. My husband doesn't understand why I have a blog. He thinks it's stupid.
96. When I was pregnant with the Princess I couldn't stand the smell of eggs.
97. When I was pregnant with Bad I ate an egg salad sandwich for lunch every day for weeks.
98. I wish we had a hot tub.
99. I probably wouldn't use it.
100. I like cold pizza for breakfast.
101. Reading your comments is one of my favourite parts of the day. IF any of you made it through the whole list, thanks!