Um, remember how I said I wanted to lose 25 lbs? Well I got on the scale again on Saturday, and it appears that I want to lose 32. I gained 7 lbs! on the holidays. Sigh, I guess these weren't such a good idea. Moving on. I spent all last week getting ready to lose weight. I emptied the house of crap, I planned meals, I shopped for all manner of fruits and veggies. I made low-fat muffins to freeze, and a huge pot of vegetable soup to keep in the fridge that I can eat guiltlessly when needed to get me through the first week. I bought myself a pretty little notebook to write down everything I eat. I've made it two days, and already I feel virtuous. The trip we're planning to Florida is providing a nice little incentive to get on with it already. I don't think I'll be able to lose all of it by then, but I would like to lose the first 20. So make me accountable friends. I'm going to step on the scale every Monday and tell you how I've done.
Running update: A combination of snow, ice and a hacking cough like a 3-pack a day habit have kept me from running. I fell down our front stairs holding Bad on Christmas Eve and banged up my leg, but I'm lucky I didn't hurt any joints. I have been walking almost daily, and now that the snow is melting I will speed up once more.
And if you're not sick of my diet talk yet....
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
I'm not getting on the scale. I refuse :) Good for you for getting such a great start!!
good for you I will spur you on ... I gained too more than I thought.
Eat healthily and ignore the scales though -they are so depressing .
Good for you! I'll be cheering you on - and hopefully some of your will power will rub off on me! It is hard running during the winter months, but fast walks do the trick, too. Keep it up!
Heidi
good luck! I can't wait to start losing again . . . I'll be cheering for you!
Go, Bad, you can do it!
Here's an exercise tip someone passed on to me, for those cold and icy days when you can't get outside. It only works if you have a set of stairs in your home, but if you do: walk up and down the stairs. Just walking them for 20-30 minutes is HARD and a great workout. (And yeah, I need to be following my own advice!)
Go, you!
UGH! I got on the scale but I think it needs new batteries - it said I lot 15 pounds over Christmas - my plague wasn't THAT bad.
Ugh, I am SO tired of wiping out all the time. My goal for 2008 is to be less klutzy and (sigh) less fat.
Good luck Badness - I'm up 3 pounds over the holidays and I thought I was doing soooo well. Ugh!
You can do it, I know you can!
Good luck!
I am proud of you (is that weird?) for starting.
I hate when that happens - I have avoided the scale for the past several weeks and am going to the grocery tomorrow to do my stocking up on salad stuff, blah, blah, blah. I am aiming at loosing at least 15lbs by the end of April - we can do it!! Have a great day. See ya. Kellan
Join me on the keeping it real end of the month photo. It will help keep you righteous!
I hate scales. I weight so much. I am planning to lose between 5-10 kilos. I will post my results as well. hopefully you will be my inspiration to keep going!
I want to lose mine reall quickly though as it is already halfway through summer!
I so wish I could run...I can't stick with it, tried over the years, but just couldn't. I lack endurance. Don't ask me why I need a class full of people and crazy moves to music that I have no business being into at my age, to motivate me. I guess I'm just weird!
Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time. And Florida in the spring is great incentive too!
Sick of diet/exercise talk? Nah. I'm going through it as well. Bleck.
We'll keep each other going, k?
7 must be the magic nuber for weight gain this holiday season, because that's about how much I gained also. I can never understand how eating one pound of fudge shows up as an extra 5 pounds when I weigh in.
Good luck with the weight loss!
You can do it!
Jill
You brave thing. I am not even getting on a scale until I get back home.
But I will cheer you on in the meantime.
I think a pretty notebook is THE KEY.
This is why I avoid the scale altogether. If the pants fit, no harm, no foul!
Good luck with your plan. With today's weather, running should be a breeze!
Sounds like you are on track! I am heading out for a walk this afternoon. Man do I need it! Good luck girl!
Yep, I just lost 5 lbs. Exciting, yes??? No...it's the 5 lbs. I gained over the holidays. Ug. So now I'm back to where I started from, where I just want to lose 30. lol
Great post!! Hope to see you around my blog again!
my goal is to lose 18, so I'm right there with you. have been doing pretty good for the last week - until I went to the chinese buffet for lunch today. I did manage to have only one plate of hte greasy food, and a plate of salad. and ice cream, of course. sigh.
I will hold you accountable! I'm not even getting on the scale for 2 weeks because I don't wanna know what damage was done on my vacation. I ate about 28 donuts, enough cookies to build a small city, and pie...mmm..pie.
Post a Comment