Yesterday. 4:40pm. The phone rings.
Me: Hello?
Hubs: Hi babe.
Me: Hey. What's up?
Hubs: A is dropping in for a visit. (A is an old friend of Hubs. In my head I think of him as Great Big Scary Bearded Bi-Polar Man. Thankfully we don't see him a lot, and even less lately, because although he is Jewish he has also recently become a born-again Christian and has been spending a lot of time in Africa.)
Me: What? When?
Hubs: Well he's in Barrie, so in about half an hour.
Me: @#$%! I mean, what? The house is disgusting...I've been out all day, I haven't even swept the floors or cleaned up the toys! Is he coming for dinner?
Hubs: We haven't worked out the details.
Me: Well, are you going to be home before he gets here?
Hubs: No....
Me: Well, what am I supposed to do with him until you get home?
Hubs: You can just let him play with the kids!
Me: Right. Because the kids are likely to take to a Great Big Scary Bearded Bi-polar Man they've seen once in their lives STRAIGHT AWAY.
Hubs: Don't worry so much. Hold on. Just let me finish what I'm doing here and I'll call you back. Click.
For the next ten minutes I rushed around the house, sweeping, putting things away, making beds, looking frantically in empty cupboards for food....I decided to order pizza, yelled at the kids to clean up their toys, and put on clean clothes....and then the phone rang again.
Hubs: I'm meeting A down here instead.
Me: What! But I've just been rushing around trying to clean up and find something to feed him! And you didn't make it home for supper last night, and you're spending all day tomorrow at rugby! What about the kids?
Hubs: Well you didn't want him to come! YOu can't have it both ways you know!
Me: Great! Have a FABULOUS time! Click.
I fed the kids Kraft Dinner, because I didn't feel like cooking or eating. I gave them a bath, and wrestled them into their jammies, and put them both to bed in Bad's room. I laid down between them and read a dozen stories. Once they were asleep I got up, brushed my teeth, put on jammies....and crawled back between them. Their sighs and snores and warm little bodies made me feel a lot less lonely.
I'm rather dreading Hubs getting up.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Grrrrrrrr. You know, I just don't get how they can think it's okay to pull that sh*t. I love how when mine does something like this I always end up feeling guilty for over reacting or something. Retarded. Hugs for you and he'd better do some serious sucking up, I say.
that is completely something Mark would do....expect me to entertain his friend while he wasn't there.
I feel for ya. Hugs.
Grrrrr... So sorry. Would you like some of us to come up and set him straight?
Men!
They really don't get it...sigh!
hugs!
Okay, not very nice, not nice at all!
I hope everything has been patched up by now...
Men. That's all I've got to say.
That and ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!
Post a Comment