Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jen's Holiday House Tour



Hi everyone! Welcome to the Great White North stop on the Holiday Homes Tour!!! Nothing really decorates a house for Christmas like the 107 cm of snow we got last week. And it's still snowing.....can I just say here how much more I like snow when someone else shovels it?



I revamped my outdoor decorations a bit this year, go see how they used to look....I'll wait. Santa tied that beautiful ribbon on the kids' Christmas gifts last year, and I got the red polka-dot
balls at Ikea in January, 50 cents for 4!



Bad and I tracked through the woods with some friends to snip some dogwood and evergreen branches to fill up our planters, and I love love love them.



The decorations in the house are much the same as always, but the girlie and I have been making these Polish star ornaments like mad. We've made white, blue, purple, orange, green, red, and yellow. We saw some on Etsy and I loved them, but they were $20 dollars and I'm cheap, so I just googled for directions, and other than being a bit time-consuming, they really aren't that difficult to make.









And that's the tour....I can't show you anymore because I haven't washed the dishes or made the beds!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

19 comments:

Jen said...

Beautiful decorations!

FRANNIE said...

Stopping by for the tour :). I love the Polish Star ornaments.

Merry Christmas!

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

LOVELY!

What is that white stuff all over outside though? :-)

smalltownmom said...

Your house looks like a perfect Christmas postcard. Those stars are great...I want to make some right now.

Susan said...

I love those stars and that you can just go out and gather stuff for your window boxes!

jenontheedge.com said...

I really like your new wreath for the front door. Your porch is so festive with the greenery and other decorations.

The star ornaments turned out so well!

jenontheedge.com said...

I really like your new wreath for the front door. Your porch is so festive with the greenery and other decorations.

The star ornaments turned out so well!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Your house is exactly the kind I always wish for when driving around--what a pretty place! And the funky colored Polish stars--I like!

Michele P said...

Beautiful! I can't decide if I like the interior or the exterior more--they're both wonderful. I love the polish stars!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

http://thenatos.blogspot.com/2010/11/join-me-for-christmas-crafternoons-wont.html

Wreath instructions!

Lacey Bean said...

cute decorations!

terek55 said...

I really liked the star ornaments! So colorful!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Those ornaments are so cool. And you're right--the snow is definitely the finishing touch. Beautiful

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Fun stop on the House Tour. I found the fisherman on your tree. I have one that I got in Maine.

bunny said...

Love the red tall stuff in the planter...what IS that???

Angela said...

Very pretty! I love how shiny all of the decorations are. ^_^ And home-made ornaments ROCK!

Cate said...

Hey :) Thanks for the comment over at my blog.
I have no idea what kind of pine the tree is.... we don't get ours from a live lot here... and most places only have one choice.... I just picked the one that looked the greenest and lively.
The cards - on eof the joys - and trials, of being a teacher. I love recieving the cards... but do you keep the, throw them away.... but I might actually attempt to make something out of them now... what kind of decorations does your friend make?

Loving your wreath by the way. Totally what I would have been aiming for if I had time to make my own. Smae colour scheme.

Fannie said...

Can I say I have "ball" envy without getting into trouble? They really are adorable!

Karen MEG said...

I love how festive your place is - your house is picture perfect!

And yay on those decorations! The instructions look easy enough even for me to try (you know, the anti-martha ;)!

Happy Christmas to you and your family!
xoxo