Thursday, December 4, 2008

My son wants ham.

author's note: What follows is a very lame anecdote. I offer it only as a way to avoid housework.

I've never given my babies processed lunch meat. There's the salt and nitrate thing, plus the real reason - I don't eat it. I think it's icky. Hubs, on the other hand, is a fan. And he has converted the boy to his carnivorous ways. (Seriously, I've heard him say, nay CHEER, "Yay! Now I have someone to eat meat with!")

I just walked into the kitchen and Bad was sitting at the table, trying to pry open a new package of Black forest Ham.

Me: Sigh. "Before breakfast? REALLY?"

Bad: "Ya!"

I got a plate and gave him two slices.

Bad: (getting up and walking to the cupboard) "No. Blue. Blue."

Me: (transferring his meat to his chosen dish - WHAT I was thinking, giving him the pink plate on the top of the pile) "Oh. Sorry."

Bad: MO(re)! MO(re)!

Me: Sorry buddy. Choose another food group.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Ewww. I'm with you. Not a fan of the processed meats. Daddy's will do that sort of thing though. Grrr,

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hee hee, I hate it too. My girly would eat the whole package though.
And the boys will not eat off of those pink plates, none of them.

Beth Cotell said...

That ham has to be better than the Frosted Flakes my kids had for breakfast this morning!

And my son refuses to eat from a pink plate and my daughter refuses to eat from his blue one.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Yum. Processed meeeaaattt....

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

since my doc frowns on cold cuts during pregnancy, I haven't had any since May.

I am craving them bad.

I envy Bad.

Karen MEG said...

My Grandma used to eat SPAM for breakfast. Ugh.

I confess though, we have Black Forest ham around these parts a fair bit. But getting it sliced at the deli "fresh", that makes it a bit better, right (although I was slow to go there again after the recent scare ...). After all the hot lunches I made the boy, seems he finds sandwiches a real treat!

LD said...

same with our house.
I hate processed meat. husband and son LOVE it.