Guests and where they're sleeping.
MIL - 24th (our room or blow up bed - depends how cranky she makes me)
Mom & Dad - 24th & 25th (Princess's room)
L&S + J&W - 25th (L&S, our room, J - blow up bed, W - travel cot)
A&G (+ dog?) not staying over, whew!
(And where will WE be sleeping? Bad has a double bed, plus room for a queen-sized blow up bed, so we'll all be in his room together.)
Christmas baking
Ginger cookies - done
Chocolate chip cookies - done
Sugar cookie stars - done
Irish cream fudge - done
Lemon squares
Chocolate covered pretzels for gifts
PB balls - L bringing.
Christmas Eve Dinner
Tortiere - mom's bringing it, yeah! (Love it, hate making it)
French bread
Caesar salad
Red wine
Cookies
Christmas Breakfast
Ideas? Anyone? Please? There'll be 5 adults + 2 kids too excited to eat anything
Christmas Lunch
Not having one. People can eat cheese and crackers and nuts and cookies and candy from their stockings.
Christmas Dinner
turkey
stuffing
mashed potatoes (+gravy!)
roast carrots and parsnips
brussels sprouts - I don't care if Hubs hates them. He hates green beans and asparagus too, and I don't feel like making broccoli.
sweet potatoes?
squash?
rolls
Buche de Noel + pecan pie + apple pie for dessert
Am I forgetting anything?
Presents
Just need to get a giftcard for J - unless anyone has a good idea for a 16 year old boy? Around 20-30 bucks?
Everyone else - done
Housekeeping
I'm washing all the extra bedding now - it's been sitting in a drawer for 11 months, and smelled like it. Then I just have to:
Clean out the fridge
Dust everything
Clean 3 washrooms
Vacuum
Wash all floors
Clean up toys. And again, again, again, again, again.
De-clutter everywhere
Make a grocery list
Go grocery shopping
Have a raging hissy fit that no one is helping
Do everything on this list again.
And again.
And again.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
For Christam breakfast, I used to make mini quiches. Some where just plain egg ones, some I would get quite fancy, but covered everyones tastes. And yes, I would by the premade frozen mini tart shells, not quite so talented as to make froms scratch,, lol. I would make them the night before, and put them in the oven when I got up. Perfect bite size treats, great with *special Christmas Coffee*!
I can't believe I spelt Christmas wrong in my post! Must be thinking of that *Special Coffee* too much,, hehehe.
For breakfast, maybe a make-ahead egg casserole that you can just pop in the oven that morning?
I have no extra ideas for you babe. You actually sound like you're doing very well in the organisational stakes.
You need to have some of that red wine though, I think!
You've inspired me.
Off to make new lists!
I don't know why it says my name is Alih. It's not. It's just me.
wow.
You are one crazy woman to take all of that on.
For christmas breakfast we keep it easy with croissants and orange juice. I'd keep it simple.
Last year I made breakfasts casseroles for the in-laws and we didn't eat much.
Good God. I cannot imagine.
For Christmas breakfast, I make something similar to Lori. An Egg casserole, that is prepared the day before. Basically it goes like this:
Using a casserole dish, fill with pieces of bread that are torn into 4ths. Cover this with scrambled (uncooked) eggs (about 1 egg to every 1 1/2 pieces of bread).
Add in small bits of your favorite, pre-cooked breakfast meat. Or veggies, if you so desire. We use cubed ham, usually leftover from the Eve meal.
Cover with gobs of shredded cheddar and leave to set in the fridge overnight. (or about 4-5 hours)
Cook at 350 for about 45-60 minutes and you have a casserole that is easy to make, eat, and serve. It also reheats wonderfully.
Oh, don't forget to lightly grease the baking dish.
We do a make ahead egg casserole and/or an overnight baked french toast, depending on how many come. Make them the night before and then pop them in the oven while you are doing the stockings :-). At least that's how we do it...
Okay reading your menu is making me need to go to hospital again ... yummmm LOL!
Lists are a must ... you're too organized!
My mom used to make something like this http://recipes.recipeland.com/recipes/recipe/show/Christmas_Morning_Wife_Saver_11591
she also had a recipe with the word "sex" in it but it shocked me so much that I can't even remember what was in it :)
Gift for 16 y o ... gift card is perfect, I think you're about right with the amount.
Good luck, you!
Post a Comment