Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Snow Rage

The kids and I spent an hour outside building a snowman yesterday. The Princess was very excited, and very proud, because she rolled the biggest snowball all by herself. Snowmen have been a big deal around here this winter, because I was a bad mommy last year, when Bad was a newborn, and didn't take her out to play in the snow at all. All summer I heard, "but all my friends at little school know how to make a snowman Mommy....and I don't! When is it going to snow again? When? Do you PROMISE you will help me build a snowman? PROMISE?!"

Didn't she do a good job? It's the coolest snowman I've seen this year....


So maybe I'm angrier than I should be, but a couple of d**kheads decided to push and kick it over on their way home from school yesterday. I guess they thought it was funny to make a 4-year old shake with sobs that she didn't get to spend enough time with her snowman....that she didn't get to show it to her daddy....that it didn't get to melt on it's own 'like Frosty'. I guess it made them feel tough. They'd better just hope I don't catch them....I don't know what I'd do to them, exactly....but it needs to be bad....give me some ideas....?

25 comments:

Curiosity Killer said...

Aahh sh*t. Maybe you can put some concrete blocks inside the snowman so when these d*ckheads kick them again, they'll really feel it.

Love your new header pic. Your kids are sooo cute!

p.s. at least you got to take pictures for memories.

Skiplovey said...

Man that steams me too. I'm with curiosity killer, rebuild but fortified! Or maybe hang a sign that states the snowman is under surveillance, all those who mess with him will be prosecuted. Do you think snot nosed grade schoolers understand "prosecuted"?

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Aww! poor little princess. That is so terribly crappy.

Anonymous said...

That is soooo horrible. I hope she gets to make another one. It was super cute though.

bananafana said...

all I can think of is rubbing their faces in the snow but that probably isn't acceptable is it? I like the concrete blocks idea though! I'm so sorry she was sad. and I can't believe someone actually came up to your house and kicked it over . . .

familymclean said...

Oh,that blows, I have a gulp in my throat for her! It is---was such an awesome snowman too, glad you got a pic to show daddy, and Bad in the basket, too cute!

familymclean said...

Oh and about the kids that knocked it over, I would make them built the biggest badest snowmen ever, a family of them, one each.

painted maypole said...

it's a great snowman, despite it's short life

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Bastids. I say build another one and fill it full of dog pooh so they get it all over them. Or full of lead so they break a foot or two.

Family Adventure said...

What big bad meanies...poor Princess.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

How to get them back...

Line them up and advise them that you are going to repeat on them what they did to frosty yesterday.

Or send them a letter in the mail addressed from mrs frosty advising them how upset she is that they killed her husband.

Or build five mean looking snowmen on their front lawn holding pitchforks and baseball bats

Mrs. G. said...

There is always a d*ckhead in the neighborhood. Every year one of them destroys our pumpkin. I'm glad you got a photo.

Karen MEG said...

What an awesome snowman, and what a shame that those idiots destroyed it! Poor princess! But at least you have a photo that she can show to Daddy and have great memories about. I hope that doesn't discourage her from making another one.

LD said...

I would be FURIOUS! I can only imagine because Doodle was devastated when his little snowman got buried under with extra snow. we had to have my husband dig it out.
I think you should build a new one, then turn the lights out so it looks like you're not home and then when they come buy pelt them with snow balls.
Oh! Or get a super soaker and hose them down. That would be meaner.

Steph said...

The snowman? Absolutely adorable, and oh so cool! The obnoxious big kids? Need a lesson taught to them. Oooh... I like the concrete blocks in the middle of the snow idea for next time!! :)

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Do you want me to come and beat the crap out fthem? Because I will. I really will.

Oh, and I love the hair-do/hat on the snowman.

Really. I will come and beat them up. I am very tough.

Veronica Foale said...

How RUDE!

If you catch them, you need to make them appoligise to the Princess. While she cries.

shay said...

I love your snowman! How fun!
And I'm sorry he met an untimely demise.

As the mom of some sometimes thoughtless boys, I don't think they meant to hurt her, it would never even have occurred to them. I find the whole thinking before using the big muscles seems to be seriously impaired in boys...

I'm glad you got a photo! THey are all so cute! I like the boy in the basket lol.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

What a GREAT photo! I'm really sorry someone had to go and ruin the snowman for the Princess.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

make them rebuilt her another ... wicked fiends.

Suzanne said...

Ooh, I'd be spitting bullets, too. I love the cool headpiece the snowman was wearing!

Anonymous said...

I love your snowman and I agree with the concrete blocks. People who knock over snow sculptures that they didn't make or smash pumpkins they didn't carve should be smacked senseless and scared straight by spending a long weekend in Guantanamo. But that's just my humble opinon.

Victoria said...

JERKS! I would totally give them a Mama beatdown.

Anyhoo...What an adorable photo, and a precious snowman. So cute! Yay, Princess!

Jennifer said...

I saw the photo before I read the post and smiled at the FANTASTIC snowman. I cannot believe a bunch of bullies ruined it all. GRRR.

Jessie said...

Aw, that stinks! I am not sure what kids think sometimes. We just got some snow (a laughable amount actually) and built a small snow person and I feared that the entire 6 hours it lasted before melting :)

Just popped over from On The Upside and looked around - hope you won't mind an occasional visitor. Take care!