Monday, August 11, 2008

A Birthday Fete

My dad has his 69th birthday this week, and in honour of that momentous occasion all of his 5 children descended with spouses and offspring to disrupt the peace and quiet at my parent's idyllic country abode.

We invented a new Olympic sport - Canadian Rules Badminton, anyone?


Hmm....why do our gatherings always degenerate into zerbert-fests and bum biting?

It was wonderful to have everyone together, which doesn't happen nearly enough. My favourite part was watching my children play with their cousins. There are 15 years between the oldest and youngest, but they're all amazing and I love them.


The 6 best kids ever. I am not biased.

Happy Birthday Dad! (and I hope you're enjoying the peace again, now we've all gone home!)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! Looks like the party was fun.

shay said...

well...I may have to take issue with your "best kids in the world" comment cuz I think we might have those...but I get your sentiment lol.
How wonderful! Family is such a gift especially cousins. I love watching my kids with theirs too. its amazing to me because I have no relationship with my cousins.
Happy birthday to your dad! What a great time you all had!
(oh and welcome back - missed you)

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Looks lovely! How wonderful that you were all together. I am loving the snow shoe racquet!
I hope your dad is doing well, happy Birthday to him.

Karen MEG said...

Happy belated BD to your Dad. He must have loved all the grandkids there .. what fun! Esp. the bum biting ;)