Thursday, March 6, 2008

kids are so literal....

"Bad! Get off the table! Tables are not for babies to stand on, they're for food! If you stand up there someone might come along with a big fork, think you're breakfast, and take a bite out of you!"

I plunked him on the floor, put on a pot of coffee and went to get dressed. I'd barely pulled up my jeans when I heard a shriek. I leaped down the stairs, still half-dressed, and ran back to the kitchen. There was Bad, standing on the kitchen table again, holding his stomach and shrieking. The Princess just grinned, evil glint in her eye, holding a fork.

Me and my big mouth.

12 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Of course. Of course she would do that. I am pretty sure the exact same thing would happen here. Yikes!
btw, my dh is here laughing maniacally. what a guy.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Well of course. How else should she have reacted?

Steph said...

Saw that one coming. *giggle* :)

AutoSysGene said...

Bwhahaha! You gave her a good idea, Mom!

Karen MEG said...

Aren't the antics of brother and sister just awesome? What a hilarious story. What are big sisters for, if not to torment little brothers?
I hope Bad won't suffer any longlasting psychological issues LOL!

Toni said...

So Funny! My older kids do things like that to my 2-yr-old, but they are teenagers! I just don't know if I'm going to live through it.

Beth Cotell said...

Better watch what you say next time!

shay said...

ha ha ha!

The creativity is amazing isn't it?!

Beck said...

Ack! Poor munchkin!

Jennifer said...

No. way.

Bwaaa ha ha ha!



Oh, I mean. Poor Bad....

Hee.

Family Adventure said...

Brilliant girl! Has he been up on the table since? :)

Heidi

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hilarious - my twins are always standing on the table and stealing the knives and forks.